Monday, May 16, 2016

Let the Packing Begin

Weather in London

The weather looks to be in the high 60s during day and low 40s at evening with some chance of rain.

Here's what Queen Elizabeth wore recently to the races.  Note her layers, scarf to protect from the winds, and rubber boots for wet ground. Second photo, Her Majesty is shown with an oxford shirt, layered with a cardigan sweater and sleeveless jacket/vest.  So, this is your reminder: LAYERS LADIES!
    

And below is what I'll be wearing in London.  These days jeans are worn everywhere in London, but not in the better hotels, best not to Windsor Castle or Downton Abbey, nor the dinner cruise or theatre. Even Harrods has been known to turn away shoppers they consider not to be dressed appropriately.  So we are dressing for our top-notch accommodations!

I'll probably wear my red "riding inspired" blazer to Downton Abbey Do you remember the episode with the hunt scene: red jackets with white pants!  I can layer a black shirt and sweater beneath the jacket if I need to do so, and then wrap a knit black scarf around my neck. Pack an umbrella, a small handbag and I'm set. (No large bags or backpacks allowed in the castle).
High 60s, low 40s: cool May temps in London:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment